Snafu Designs Freelance Writer’s Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in selling your card ideas to SNAFU Designs!
Before you check out our Writer’s Guidelines, I have a favor to ask of you. One of the huge challenges for a small company like SNAFU Cards is getting people to know we exist (Had you ever heard of our cards before??). I was wondering if you would consider helping me spread the word a little right now? It takes just a minute or two to help, and you can even do it from your phone. If you do choose to help, please let me know how you shared Snafu Cards by emailing me at Scott@SnafuCards.com – I’d really like to know. Thanks for considering this!
Follow this link to “share” SNAFU Cards with your friends ☞ https://www.snafucards.com/collections/birthday-cards/products/bd229
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our humorous cards use clever ideas that are simple, concisely delivered, and aimed at a “smart” adult audience. We like our cards to invoke a laugh-out-loud response from the reader. Our designs rarely use an image or drawing on the inside of the cards, just words. To get a better sense of the kind of ideas we like, please look through this website.
Please ensure that your idea has a “me to you” message. Think about WHO would buy the card, WHY they would buy it, and WHO they would send it to. Will people relate to the message? Would YOU buy the card? We all love to laugh, but cards without a reason to send just sit on the shelf. Your idea should fit into one of the following categories:
- Belated Birthday
- Love & Friendship (sentiments you might want to express to a close friend or significant other)
- Valentine’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Get Well
- Thank You
- New Baby
OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES:
- If we decide to purchase your idea, you will be sent a “Certificate of Originality” (provided by SNAFU Designs, Inc.) stating that you came up with the idea. All ideas MUST be original. No copying; no paraphrasing.
- We pay a fee of $100 for any idea we use. Payment is made upon acceptance of an idea. We reserve all rights to its use.
HOW TO SUBMIT IDEAS:
Please do not send more than 12 ideas at a time.
If you have not heard back from us after 6 weeks, we did not find anything in that batch of ideas that we can use. Please feel free to submit those ideas to other greeting card companies. Because we are a very small card company and get lots of ideas submitted to us every week, as much as we would like to we don’t have the staff to respond to everyone who sends in ideas. I hope you understand.
You will only hear back from us if we are interested in purchasing one or more of your ideas.
- Please send your ideas to email@example.com.
- Please do NOT send attachments, instead type your ideas in to the body of your email.
- Always include your full name and contact info.
Thanks again for your interest in submitting ideas to our line!