Snafu Designs Freelance Writer’s Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in selling your card ideas to SNAFU Designs! Before you check out our Writer’s Guidelines, would you do us a big favor?… Would you go to our Facebook Fan page and “Like” us? We are a small business and it’s one way to spread the word about our line of humorous cards! Thanks for considering this: www.facebook.com/SnafuGreetingCards
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our humorous cards use clever ideas that are simple, concisely delivered, and aimed at a “smart” adult audience. We like our cards to invoke a laugh-out-loud response from the reader. Our designs rarely use an image or drawing on the inside of the cards, just words. To get a better sense of the kind of ideas we like, please look through this website.
Please ensure that your idea has a “me to you” message. Think about WHO would buy the card, WHY they would buy it, and WHO they would send it to. Will people relate to the message? Would YOU buy the card? We all love to laugh, but cards without a reason to send just sit on the shelf. Your idea should fit into one of the following categories:
- Belated Birthday
- Love & Friendship (sentiments you might want to express to a close friend or significant other)
- Valentine’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Get Well
- Thank You
- New Baby
OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES:
- If we decide to purchase your idea, you will be sent a “Certificate of Originality” (provided by SNAFU Designs, Inc.) stating that you came up with the idea. All ideas MUST be original. No copying; no paraphrasing.
- We pay a fee of $100 for any idea we use. Payment is made upon acceptance of an idea. We reserve all rights to its use.
HOW TO SUBMIT IDEAS:
Please do not send more than 12 ideas at a time.
If you have not heard from us after 8 weeks, feel free to submit your ideas to other card companies. You will only hear back from us if we are interested in purchasing one or more of your ideas.
- Please send your ideas to email@example.com.
- Please do NOT send attachments, rather type your ideas in to the body of your email.
- Always include your full name and contact info.
- We like ideas to be on individual index cards but putting them all on one or two pieces of paper is fine, too.
- We do not expect an image to accompany each of your ideas. However, if you have an image in mind for your idea, please include it, even if it is just a stick figure drawing. It might help us to better visualize the idea you are trying to get across.
- Include a self-addressed #10 stamped envelope. Otherwise, we will be unable to return your ideas.
- Always include your email and telephone number in case we need to reach you quickly.
- Mail your ideas for consideration to:
SNAFU Greeting Cards
2500 University Ave. W, Ste E-4
St. Paul, MN 55114
Thanks again for your interest~ I look forward to illustrating some of your ideas! Now go write something laugh-out-loud funny!!